Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I AM SPUDMAN!

O.K. It was as hard as I knew it was going to be! That swim was scary and hard! And I was going with the current. 5am race morning I am so nervous and freaked out that I am just trying to get everything together and not forget something important. 6am I am outside dry heaving so violently that my wife has to come outside to check if I'm still alive! 7am we have put the rest of my gear where it belongs, my stomach has settled down and we find a very nice couple that has been doing this for years that help with details. We find my bro Chris who brought his camera and because of him I have documented evidence that I actually did this thing!





Here I am right before the swim, I gotta smile but the nerves are kicken in!!


Flexing makes me temporarily forget how close I am to the swim!!!









Come on, I know that finish is here somewhere!!!!








The Bike was the one part I really held my own!! Had a great time but man did I cramp as soon as I got to the run!!!


My wife! She decided last minute not to do it so she could keep an eye on me. She would have crushed my time!!

So That's it! I am already training for next year!!






2 comments:

  1. you truly held to Phil. 4:13. It looked like a great challenge but you did it. You pulled it off. Way to go man!!!! God
    bless you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. man just to finish is allot dude you did better than that even im proud of you bud! keep fighting the good fight of faith

    ReplyDelete