Monday, July 20, 2009

One week out

One week from my first Triathlon and I think I'm as ready as I can be. The one mistake I always made in bodybuilding was that I could not stop the hard training and diet until only a few days before my event. This would almost always lead to being over trained and depleted. This time I have cut all serious training a full 8 days before my event, this should allow me plenty of recovery as well as allowing my mind to rest a bit. I am doing easy stretches and some easy weight training, but nothing to take me to far in to carb depletion. As you know I am eating a sugar free diet at this time. That means the carbs I'm taking in are very clean as far as sugar content. In a week of this diet I have lost about 6 pounds and feel much better. Dieting alone (without crazy training) can lead to a depleted state and I will begin eating allot more Thursday of this week. The run will be the roughest part for me, but if I run walk I should finish O.K. I'm shooting for 3 hrs and 20 minutes so be praying for me!
God Bless!
Mitch

No comments:

Post a Comment